SkyWest Airlines officially launched their pilot pathway program on September 5, 2018. The airline says their new Pathway program provides a direct path into the flight deck at SkyWest through enhanced seniority options, a guaranteed final interview, and access to pilot mentors.
The SkyWest Pilot Pathway Program has partnered with flight universities and allows participants to remain at their campus until completing their flight training and are able meet SkyWest’s Airline Transport Pilot minimums.
The Pathway program has been created to provide a clear path for participants to employment with the airline and include:
- Company seniority for benefits eligibility activates as soon as a participant becomes a cadet in the program.
- Introduction to SkyWest, including flight & lodging to Salt Lake City, tour of facilities & more.
- Mentorship from SkyWest pilots, including regular visits and interview preparation.
- Guaranteed interview for a first officer position at SkyWest.
- Increased seniority within SkyWest’s ground school class.
The Pathway program also includes up to $15,000 in tuition reimbursement when a participating cadet attends one of SkyWest’s tuition reimbursement school pathway partners. Partners include:
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University Prescott Campus
- Cornerstone Aviation Flight Schools
- Southern Utah University
- AeroGuard Flight Training Center
- AMS Flight School
- Axiom Aviation
- ATP Flight School
Pilot Job Searches Shouldn't Be Stressful.
It takes just minutes to set up your profile and begin matching with available opportunities.
“This is a great program that provides a pipeline to a reputable carrier for our students after graduation, while also helping make sure the continual levels of needed instructors will be maintained for our future students,” said Dr. Tim Holt, Dean of Embry-Riddle’s College of Aviation.
“The SkyWest Pilot Pathway program provides exceptional benefits for pilots looking to launch their commercial aviation career,” said Tracy Gallo, SkyWest Vice President – Flight Operations.
What’s It Like to Fly For SkyWest Airlines
There's a better way to find a pilot job.
Take the stress out of your job search and let employers compete for you.