Kalitta Air Profile
Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA)
Kalitta Air At a Glance
- Operaters international and domestic schedule and ad-hoc cargo charter flights
- Ongoing business with DHL, Turkish Cargo, Xiamen Taidek, USPS, Pacific Air Cargo, U.S. TRANSCOM, CNET, UPS
- Provides domestic and international scheduled or on-demand cargo service support for Department of Defense Air Mobility Command
- All pilots home based except for recurrent training where pilots are responsible for getting themselves to training.
- Will begin phasing out 767 fleet which will result in pilot displacements into 747 and 777
- Kalitta Air owned aircraft will be dry leased in the future
Kalitta Air is hiring pilots. Apply through the company website.
Minimum Requirements to Apply
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (ATP)
- First class medical certificate
- Current Passport
- 2,500+ hours total time
- All pilots are home based
Kalitta Air Hourly Pilot Pay Rate
- $2.45/hr domestic
- $3.35/hr international
- 401K: company contribution of 6%
Greg started his professional pilot journey in 2002 after graduating from Embry Riddle. Since that time he has accumulated close to 8,000 hours working as a pilot. Greg’s professional experience includes flight instructing, animal tracking, backcountry flying, forest firefighting, passenger charter, part 135 cargo, flying for a regional airline, and working as a manager in charge of a part 135 and part 121 training programs. Greg took a 5 year hiatus from flying and worked in software development and marketing. He has returned to flying and works for a major airline. Greg enjoys educating and helping pilots improve their professional lives and is passionate about applying technology and new methods to help with traditional challenges.