FlightSafety International has developed an employment/training program where selected individuals can obtain their flight instructor certificates for free.
Pilots holding a Commercial License, Single and Multi-Engine Land with Instrument Privileges can apply for the PCAS path. Once accepted into the program FlightSafety Academy will provide free training to earn the Certified Flight Instructor (CFI), Certified Flight Instructor Instrument (CFII), and Multi Engine Instructor (MEI) ratings.
Pilots in the PCAS program complete a two year paid tenure working as a flight instructor at FlightSafety Academy in Vero Beach, Florida. PCAS Instructors are eligible to earn Instructor Rewards Points and FlightSafety’s Business Jet Direct.
Pilot Job Searches Shouldn't Be Stressful.
It takes just minutes to set up your profile and begin matching with available opportunities.
Additional Free Training After Completion of Initial Instructing Term
At the completion of the two year flight instructor employment term PCAS Pilots may redeem earned Instructor Rewards Points for no charge type rating training in one of twenty aircraft models offered through FlightSafety Learning Centers.
FlightSafety’s Business Jet Direct provides an opportunity for pilots to earn a jet type rating and then to work at one of FlightSafety’s learning centers as a training seat-support pilot. Working in FlightSafety centers gives pilots opportunity to network with FlightSafety International’s corporate customer pilots and aviation directors.
At the completion of the PCAS program pilots will have logged enough flight experience to qualify for the FAA Airline Transport Pilot License.
FlightSafety says the following duties are required as part of this position:
- Complete Flight Instructor training programs as assigned
- Conduct flight training in accordance with FAR’s, FSA course outline, and FSA training Regulations
- Manage assigned training within syllabus and the schedule
- Maintain accurate logbook records
- Follow FSA policy regarding control and identification of weak students leading to Progress Reviews
- Maintain currency in all procedures and regulations for all licenses and ratings held
- Report to Assistant PM with completed weekly planner
- Maintain a professional attitude and demeanor with staff, instructors, and students
- Maintain a positive attitude and willingness to perform to a high standard
- Use constructive critique to improve performance
There's a better way to find a pilot job.
Take the stress out of your job search and let employers compete for you.