Horizon Air Profile
Horizon Air At a Glance
- Wholly owned subsidiary of Alaska Air Group
- Retired all Q400s. Now only operates E175
- Pilot development program. Private pilots can receive $12,500 stipend, mentorship from a professional pilot, and invitations to special events. Upon completion of ATP/R-ATP minimums the applicant would then receive a class date with Horizon Air
- Direct pathway to Alaska Airlines through Alaska Airlines Pathway Program
- First E175 operator to achieve Cat III autoland
Horizon Air is currently hiring pilots into their pilot development program and Ascend Pilot Academy, but is not hiring direct entry First Officers or Captains.
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Portland International Airport
- Spokane International Airport
- Boise Air Terminal
- Rogue Valley International – Medford Airport
- Seattle Paine Field International Airport
- Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
Horizon Air Hourly Pilot Pay Rate – Captain
Horizon Air Hourly Pilot Pay Rate – First Officer
- Prior part 121 Longevity Pay: pilots with prior 121 experience receive a year-to-year match for total longevity in 121 flying
- Performance based Pay (PBP) bonus program
- 401K: 100% company match up to 8% of pilot salary
- A/B Fund: Horizon will contribute non-elective 2% for pilot with 5 to 10 years of service with Horizon. This amount increases to 4% with 10+ years of service.
Greg started his professional pilot journey in 2002 after graduating from Embry Riddle. Since that time he has accumulated close to 8,000 hours working as a pilot. Greg’s professional experience includes flight instructing, animal tracking, backcountry flying, forest firefighting, passenger charter, part 135 cargo, flying for a regional airline, and working as a manager in charge of a part 135 and part 121 training programs. Greg took a 5 year hiatus from flying and worked in software development and marketing. He has returned to flying and works for a major airline. Greg enjoys educating and helping pilots improve their professional lives and is passionate about applying technology and new methods to help with traditional challenges.